Monday, December 15, 2008

We have just spent a very enjoyable few days in MD with Karen, Chris and the 2 cutest boys on the planet and here they are.Tristan enjoying Thomas the Tank Engine on TV (His favorite).Hayden enjoying one of his favorite pastimes - second only to eating.
*
We went up to the house this morning to see what progress was made while we were away and were pleased to see that most of the tiling has been completed. The master bath has not been started yet as the tiles are not yet in.
The laundry room is tiled and grouted.The guest bath is tiled and 90% of the grouting is done.We picked a pebble design for the accent tile.The railings are up on the back deck.And the stairs are ready for staining.
The kitchen units are to be installed later this week along with the vanity unit in the master bath. So far this has been a fun project that we have both enjoyed. There have been so many things to pick out and Roy and I have agreed on pretty much everything. We only have another 4 weeks to wait until we move in and the building process has gone so smoothly. If anyone out there ever needs the services of a building contractor down here in south-west Virginia I can definitely give you a recommendation.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to see the laundry room floor is still tiled! It was tiled in the last post too! What's the cut-out hole in the shower wall for? Nice pebbles!

Jackie H said...

Yes - but it's grouted now too. The shelf is to put your shampoo in, duh!

Karen said...

oh, I see. It doesn't look like one, that's why I wasn't sure. I thought it might be... Probably when it's grouted it will look more normal and blend in. Nice stonework outside, by the way